How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8630
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have this sensation something is tuck with pressure

Customer Question

I have this sensation something is tuck with pressure between the center of my chest to the top of my stomach. When sleeping on my side, the pressure increases and need to switch over to my back
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: started a couple of months ago, pressure and uncomfortablness with pain across back at times, most of pressure is right below center of chest at top of stomach
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There can be just two possibilities. Either this is acid reflux alone or it can be associated with a hernia in your diaphragm. This is called hiatus hernia. This hernia aggravates acid reflux and while lying down the stomach can bulge into chest area to cause pressure and even shortness of breath. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available capsule Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily and Syrup Gaviscon one table spoon thrice daily for 2 weeks can help you. If your symptoms persist, see your doctor, preferably a Gastroenterologist but don't worry, you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards