Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Clement I have a knot on the top of my shoulder. Also

Customer Question
Clement Adams I have a...
Clement Adams I have a knot on the top of my shoulder. Also burning pain down my arm to where the tricep and shoulder join
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It feels like a bone sticking up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
1/31/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 1 year ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

What is your age and gender?

Associated redness,swelling,tenderness on shoulder?

Can you move your arm above shoulder level without any pain?

History of trauma?

Any other medical illness?

Are you taking any medicines?

Duration of symptoms?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No redness. Just a little pain when I move it above my.head. The only pain is the burning that I feel in the crease where the triceps and shoulder join.

Sorry for late reply.

Burning and pain is almost always associated with nerve involvement. It might not be your neck, but could by your shoulder, or even in the arm itself.

So you should try some self care remedies until you see your doctor in next few days.

Do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium on back of neck,shoulder and upper arm.

And warm compresses can be tried.

You can try OTC capsaicin cream and Advil also.

Do neck stretching,shoulder movements on slow pace.

Avoid sleeping on affected site.

X-ray/MRI can be done for further evaluation.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.

Your satisfaction is our goal.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Thanks.

How are you now?

Your satisfaction is our goal.

we only get after positive feedback.

Thanks.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician