Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

73 year old female with 24 hour severe vomiting and

Customer Question
diarrhea. Extreme dizziness....
73 year old female with 24 hour severe vomiting and diarrhea. Extreme dizziness. Unable to keep liquids down. What do you recommend?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/31/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

she needs to go to the ER for blood testing and IV fluids to help fix dehydration.

24 hours of severe vomiting can cause lots of loss fluids and dehydration and electrotyle imbalances such as low sodium, low potassium, and metabolic alkalosis.

the dizziness can be from severe dehydration.

she needs IV fluids to help bring her fluids back up.

you should call up an ambulance to bring her to the ER or take her there right away for blood tests and nausea medications

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com