Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)
16101430

I shaved my pubic hair a few weeks ago and didn't bump up. I

Customer Question

I shaved my pubic hair a few weeks ago and didn't bump up. I just started being sexually active with my new girl friend, and after the first two times we did it two bumps occurred after. It was sore and went away but you can still see where it was and its kind of white-ish(dry) . Then a week passed by without intercourse because I was on vacation. I came back and we had had sex almost every day for the past 4 days . Then more red bumps around the pubic area above my penis occurred . they are sore and very uncomfortable .. How can I have them go away ? Are they ingrown hairs ? Or are they because of friction and sweat ? She has no bumps or any kind of rash at all. Just me
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that this seems to be most likely Balanitis and folliculitis (infection of hair follicle). I will advise to keep the area clean and dry. You can use Daktacort 1% ointment for three days. I will also advise to see your physician for examination which is important. I will also suggest to have screening tests for both of you for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) after three months from the exposure just to be on safer side.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed