Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My mother is a 63 year old barber and complained that

Customer Question
everyone smells like garlic. She...
My mother is a 63 year old barber and complained that everyone smells like garlic. She has type 2 diabetes that was previously controlled with shots. She said that for several weeks now, if she elects at 8 am, at 11 am when she checks her sugar, it's still in the 300s. I'm worried it could be epilepsy (but it's not random; it's only around people,) kidney failure, or (very likely) her diabetes worsening. She doesn't smell like garlic (at least that I can tell) so I'm not sure if it's ketones.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/30/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Associated stuffy nose?

Is she having foul odor from her urine,sweat?

Duration of symptoms?

Thanks.

Family Physician, Doctor (MD)