Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My partner had a fall this morning and suffered a

Customer Question
concussion. He fell on ice...
My partner had a fall this morning and suffered a concussion. He fell on ice and struck the back of his head on the pavement. He had 4 or 5 staples put in at the hospital ER and is now at home resting. He is still oozing a small amount of blood from the area on the back of his head. Is this something to be concerned about or is it normal/expected.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/25/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is expected from the stapling.

The small blood vessels from the scalp can still ooze for sometime.

This can be cleaned by gauze piece.

And a bandage can be wrapped around to maintain pressure which eventually will stop the oozing.

He should avoid any physical exertion for next 3 days at least.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/