Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I got tested for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, both results came

Customer Question

I got tested for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, both results came back negative. I also took the cure just in case for both of them on the same day but symptoms are still present. This was a week ago. With the results being negative, is it possible that I may in fact just have a male yeast infection?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

what symptoms are you having?

do you drink alcohol or caffeine? these can cause burning with urination?

have you been sexually active recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm having some discharge from my penis, and an itching feeling, and burning sesnsation when I urinate... I have a gf so yes I have been sexually active but not in about a week or so. But I know she has problems with her PO or maybe it's called BO balance. She said she used to get yeast infections a lot and she's on meds as we speak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do drink alcohol from time to time but it's not an often thing. I drink soda but that's not often either and never have I felt these feelings before. And as I stated before, the tests came back negative.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you could be having some irritation from her vaginal bacterial balance.

alcohol or caffeine can cause some burning when you urinate.

a small bladder stone can cause some mild burning when you urinate.

men really don't get yeast infections in the penis urethra.

lack of sexual activity can cause occational semen discharge from the penis, even when not erect.

it doesn't sound like a STD or sexually transmitted disease is causing your urinary symptoms.

I would avoid alcohol and sodas and drink more water for now. I bet that will help your urination symptoms.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com