Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a creatinine of 1.4 and and a gfr of 50. Is this

Customer Question
I have a creatinine...

I have a creatinine of 1.4 and and a gfr of 50. Is this something I should be worried about?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Had kidney cancer stage 2 cut out of one of my kidneys 1-2 yrs ago. no chemo or radiation necessary

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/25/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

This is not serious or worrying. But this would need constant monitoring every 3 months for a year. So your doctor will need following investigations regularly done;

1) BUN

2) Serum creatinine

3) Urine complete

4) Urine culture

If all these are normal and your BUN and creatinine do not increase; nothing to worry. With your past history this may rise slightly. If a CT scan and ultrasound of abdomen had not been done in last 6 months, this would be recommended.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

The CT scan and ultrasound are done to assess the remnant kidney anatomically. That would give an idea for mildly raised creatinine and lowered GFR. Your doctor may also like to see your blood pressure and blood sugar. Both of these, can affect the functions of the kidney. A meticulous control of the blood sugar and blood pressure are needed for no further deterioration of the kidney functions (if they were mildly deranged).

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Hope you are doing good.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are compensated for the time and expertise. If you have any follow up questions, I would be very happy to answer them.

Thank you and all the very best.

Hope everything is going great with you.

My best,