Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I went snowboarding today and got hurt earlier. I wasn't

Customer Question

Hey there! I went snowboarding today and got hurt earlier. I wasn't fully strapped in and I fell on my head and hurt my neck & knee pretty bad. I'm not sure if I had a concussion or not earlier. I sat down, relaxed a bit, and took a moment to get myself together since that hit was bad. Now that I'm home, I realized how bad my head, neck, and knee hurt. The headache is almost like a migraine with nausea. Any suggestions to what I should do or take? thanks for your time.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Do you have nausea,vomiting,dizziness?

Any bruise on head,knee?

When was this incident happened to you?

Blurred vision?

Swelling,bump on head,knee?

Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me quick. I have a little nausea, nothing severe. So far, I have no bruising anywhere. My knee injury was due to it twisting in a bad way. I wouldn't say I have blurred vision, just tired. I took 3 Advil liquid gels for the pain.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern.

Well symptoms of head injury can occur immediately or develop slowly over several hours to days so we usually advise to closely watch for 24 hours to see if there are other associated symptoms like vomiting,dizziness,disorientation,restlessness,blurred vision,irritability with severe headache.

As you have already taken Advil with little relief to your headache so you should take Tylenol and OTC Prilosec/Zantac/Metoclompramide and if you symptoms'll not improve in a hour then visit ER.

Avoid further use of Advil.

You can do cool compresses on knee and wear ace bandage.

Elevate you leg.

Do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment on back of neck.

If pain is getting worse then visit ER.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.