Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Pain around the anus. Red and swollen half way around it.

Customer Question
Pain around the anus...

Pain around the anus. Red and swollen half way around it. Hurts to touch it. Does not hurt to have a bowel movement though, but does hurt to wipe. I'm a male, never had anal sex, and am mid 30's healthy and active. No drugs or alcohol. Not sure what it is, hurts when at work sometimes, so I use talc powder to make the friction less.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It has been there for 2 weeks now

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/25/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Painful swelling is likely a bacterial infection unless proven otherwise.

This can be a rectal abscess as well.

THis is an urgent situation.

Please go to the ER for clinical evaluation.

May need to be drained and then antibiotic course.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/