How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a deep chest cold which causes me to go into fits of

Customer Question

I have a deep chest cold which causes me to go into fits of coughing and causes severe pain in lower chest/lungs, back ribs, and causes dizziness, blurred vision after coughing. I also have a fever, chills, sweating, chest and sinus congestion, splitting headache, and diarrhea. Since I'm 51, could this be more than the common cold or flu and should I see a doctor.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, for how long have you been sick now?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hello, This is Dr Chaithanya, experienced General Physician attending you today.

When there is severe pain while coughing, fever, chills etc, yes, this is more than common cold and you need to see a doctor for sure to rule out Pneumonia. You need to get a Chest X-ray done and see a doctor, so that he can see if this is related to Pneumonia and he can prescribe antibiotic accordingly. See the doctor as early as you can.

I’m glad I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to know how are you doing? Do you need further assistance?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to know how are you doing? Can you rate the converstaion posiitvely [click on the 5th star], so that I'm compensated for the answer. Thanks for that!