Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I sneezed very hard this and now the left side of my throat…

Customer Question
I sneezed very hard this...
I sneezed very hard this and now the left side of my throat hurts very badly. Especially when I swallow. When I swallow it feels like a sharp piece of glass or metal is in my throat next to my Adams Apple.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/23/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is due to pulling the ligaments attached there.

You have injured from forceful sneezing.

Will take some time to subside.

Youcan use Cepacol sore throat lozenges for symptomatic relief.

Likely nothing serious.

However if you spit out blood or see blod in stool then you will need further evaluation to check for any tear of the esophagus.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/