Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Please help me .i had shigles and now. I have herpetic

Customer Question
newralga i also have neuropathy...
Please help me .i had shigles and now. I have herpetic newralga i also have neuropathy .but my forehead. Peels and is red as a tomatoe please help me
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/23/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Shingles damages the nerve endings causing persistent pain sometimes.

It can also cause skin peeling by damaging the skin layers.

The pain can be controlled by following prescription medications:

1. Gabapentin orally 300 mg 3 times daily

2. Lidocaine 5% patch daily

OTC capsaicin ointment can be used as well to help with the pain.

The skin peeling and redness can be managed by a potent topical steroid ointment like Desonide gel or triamcinolone acetonide ointment.

Naturally you can try coconut ointment twice daily over the area.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

What happens to the money i just used. My card
For something i already jnew

What other question you have on this topic?