Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I slipped and hit my head on the ground at the right

Customer Question
Hi I slipped and hit...
Hi I slipped and hit my head on the ground at the right parietal bone. This was about 3 hours ago and I haven't experienced any weird symptoms. Other than a painful bump on my head, right when I hit my head there was a slight ringing in my right ear. I don't know if I'm allowed to sleep or if I should go to the ER right away...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Probably no significant damage.

However first 12 hours observation is critical for any delayed response, black outs, sudden headache onset.

Sleeping is ok as long as someone is watching over you and can wake you up normally.

Otherwise, better to go to ER if no one is around you.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/