Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had vomiting and diahrrea yesterday and now diahrrea…

Customer Question
I have had vomiting and...
I have had vomiting and diahrrea yesterday and now diahrrea today whenever I drink anything. I took my temperature and its 96 degrees and I am constantly cold. I feel nausas week and dizzy. I just want to know if I should go to the hospital. I do not want to go there and waste their time for something minor.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/22/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

There can be a gastrointestinal infection or inflammation.
In most cases it is viral.
It usually passes off in 3-5 days.
Sometimes, bacterial or parasitic infection can be there.
A stool test, blood work would help to plan treatment.
Meanwhile, please try to keep good hydration.
Take plenty of fluid, oral rehydration solution.

Urine output should be observed.

In dehydration, it will decrease.
Bland soft diet, rice, banana, toast can be taken.
These are usually better tolerated.
Feeling of dizziness, cold, weakness can be signs of fluid loss.

If you do not feel improvement, I would suggest to go to hospital.
I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)