Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is there a medically approved way ti dissolve blood clots in…

Customer Question
Is there a medically...

Is there a medically approved way ti dissolve blood clots in the bladder or u?rethra

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

A urologist performed cystoscopy and found nothing alarming. he said that the bladder was weekend by RADIATION THAT FOLLOWED UNSUCCESSFUL PROSTATECTOMY TEN YEARS AGO. MY URINE CAN RUN CLEAR FOR FOUR TO SEVEN DAYS THEN BLOCK UP AGAIN. THE URINE WILL DROPOUT SLOWLY FOR DAYS BECAUSE THE CLOTS BLOACK IT. THIS CAN GO ON FOR FOUR DAYS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE URINE WILL RUN CLEAR AGAIN. WHEN I AM "BLOCKED" IM AN IN PAIN AND CAN NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE OR PERFORM NORMAL TASKS. CAN YOU SUGGEST SOMETHING?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/22/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Do you have urine infection?

Did you bleed during cystoscopy?

Are you taking any medications?

Any blood work done for bleeding problems?

Recent Kidney function test?

Are you anemic?

Are you taking any blood thinners?

Pain in abdomen?

Recent Ultrasound?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

I did not bleed during cystoscopy..........I do not have a urine infection?.......I am probably somewhat anemic for the last few weeks since I have lost much blood due to the blood and blood clots in my urine........Yes, I have been taking Plavix(75mg) for 27 days.....Kidney function tests are OK..Recent ultrasound are OK.....No pain in abdomen.....I am in florida for two more months and my Doctors are in New york where I live.
There are two conflicting problems
1) A Dr. at Memorial Sloan Keterring in October 2015 diagnosed my problem as "weak bladder lining" due to Radiation(eight weeks) performed in 2005 to attack prostate cells that were evident in my body after unsuccessful prostatectomy. This diagnosis is very likely to be accurate. I was told to be certain to hydrate every day. In December 2015 I underwent arterial bypass in my right leg to address atherosclerosis from the femur down in my right leg. This operation went well. The problem
is that I started on Plavix and this has brought about a volume of blood and blood clotting in my urine that has me frightened, in pain, and unable to leave the house. I discontinued taking Plavix yesterday(January 25) since I was in constant pain since I lost all voluntary urine control because of the blood clotting and I felt slowly bleeding to death. It was the blocking and clotting and the hope that maybe if the clots dissolved in my bladder-urethra I could function better. I had to give up and stopped taking the Plavix yesterday Jan 25. I will take his up with my Doctors but I still want to know if there is anything that would dissolve clots in my bladder.
I also realize I might have a medical dilemma in that I can not tolerate Plavix because of the weakness and bleeding that takes
place because of the weakened and compromised bladder. If Plavix contributes to the bleeding in my bladder I am at risk
for bleeding and blockage. Is there any alternative to Plavix for me? ............If this is too involved I understand and no not want to spend money needlessly and will call My Doctors in NY.
Thank you.
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

I'm sorry but this question is entirely too serious to try to sort out in this forum. You should indeed call your New York doctors today. They will probably want you to go to a nearby hospital for help.

Plavix is one of newer anticoagulants (drugs that keep your platelets from forming together to make a clot). It is used in some people as a replacement for Coumadin (warfarin). However, the risk of bleeding has to be taken in conjunction with the risk of clotting. It's a complicated matter and you need individualized care of your own medical team. Please call them today.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Family Physician, Doctor (MD)