Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My blood pressure is between 150/80 and 160/90 taken over…

Customer Question
My blood pressure is between...
My blood pressure is between 150/80 and 160/90 taken over three days - 3 or 4 times a day. What does this mean?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/22/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is mildly elevated.

Can be from recent stress commonly.

High salt intake in your diet can also cause this.

More serious causes include underlying heart problem, kidney disease.

Without any other symptoms, serious condition unlikely.

Please watch your diet, avoid salt, restrict fluid intake.

Also avoid caffeine to lower BP.

Please discuss with your doctor also.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist