Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have tenderness at the top of my left testicle and it

Customer Question
Hi, I have tenderness at...
Hi, I have tenderness at the top of my left testicle and it seems to be hanging higher up than normal. I also have discomfort in my lower abs on the left side about 2 to 3 inches above the base of the penis. What could this be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/21/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Associated swelling,redness on testicle?

History of injury?

History of unprotected sex?

Pain during urination?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any other medical illness?

Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Hi,No swelling or redness.No significant injury or knocks that I can think of.Sex with girlfriend of 3 yearsNo pain when urinating but going more frequent than usual.Symptoms for around a weekI was in hospital on 1st of January with suspected kidney stones although not scanned to confirm.No current medicationThanks

This sounds to me like you have either an infection of the epididymis or the prostate and it is spreading to the urine and blood stream.

A physical examination by your regular doctor and a Doppler ultrasound scan can confirm increased flow of blood to the affected epididymis.

Elevation of the scrotum and cold compresses applied regularly to the scrotum may relieve tenderness.

Pain killer medication such as Motrin every 6-8 hourly or Diclofenac 50 mg thrice daily can be taken.

Antibiotics are used if an infection is suspected.

So you should see your doctor in next few days for further evaluation and management promptly.

If the testicle starts to swell, get hot and red with increase in tenderness then visit ER ASAP.

Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.