How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am about 66 years old and suffer from myopathy of unknown

Customer Question

I am about 66 years old and suffer from myopathy of unknown name or cause or medical help. Right now my daughter who is 30 and has some similar symptoms is suffering from
cramps in her foot and is ready to jump through the roof of her apt. Do you have any suggestions for her other than pulling it out; she has been given muscle relaxants and
has taken one. Any other things she can do? in much pain.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry that you and your daughter are in pain

she needs to be checked for myositis inflammation of her muscles with blood tests for creatinine kinase (CK).

she needs an MRI scan of her foot

she should consult with a neurologist and get nerve conduction testing

she might need a brain and spine MRI scan.

has she consulted with a neurologist yet and had these tests?