Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I am taking mercilon and I am getting very light period that

Customer Question

Customer: I am taking mercilon and I am getting very light period that last 2 or 3 days I have been taking mercilon for over 2 years now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is this normal that you get light periods when taking the pill
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok np could it be a sign of pregnancy? I had intercourse in may but I kept getting my weekly cycle since then
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

As there is no history of unprotected sex recently and you didn't missed any pill so chances of pregnancy are nil.

Mercilon can cause light bleeding. As the bleeding pattern can differ in different cycle while on pills.

So this light bleeding is normal and not worrying.

If you have bleeding in between two consecutive cycles then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

Feel free for further queries.

Your satisfaction is our goal.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had sex in May 2015 and was getting the cycle every month. In june I tried a pregnancy test but wasn't with my morning urination and it came negative.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

As per your description,you still are not pregnant so you needn't to worry about pregnancy.

Hope this helps.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

Feel free for further queries.