Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My shoulder hurts, can't raise my arm,and the bone that's on…

Customer Question
My shoulder hurts, can't raise...
My shoulder hurts, can't raise my arm,and the bone that's on the iner arm hurts when I do push ups
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/20/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

What is your age?

History of trauma?

Swelling,tenderness on shoulder?

Neck pain?

Numbness and pain in upper arm?

Duration of symptoms?

Any other medical illness?

Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks.

50 years old,no Truma,yes numbness and pain upper right arm , comes and goes, no other illness, putting cream and heating pad, and I take ib800 Once a day it helps . I do yoga 5 days a week also
My inner elbows also hurt both sides

As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include Tendonitis,Nerve compression,syndrome,Adhesive capsulitis shoulder.

You are doing good self care remedies and continue it.

However you must see an Orthopedic doctor for a clinical exam and MRI should be done.

If your symptoms are not getting better with such self care remedies for last few days then you may require prescribed high potent muscle relaxant and steroids.

Physical therapy should be added in treatment.

You should make an appointment in next few days.

Avoid push-ups and heavy weight lifting.

Hope this helps.

Feel free for further queries.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Thanks.