How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 34662
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Prostate issues
, 3.9 psa, low sex drive, frequent

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** prostate issues
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 3.9 psa, low sex drive, frequent urination at night, dre -asymmetrical/firm enlargement, diagnosed as BPH. PSA .7 14 months earlier. Very thick gel like semen that oozes out rather than projects, no bacteria present but wondering if it is an undetectable infection..? urine test ok. 30 days have quit coffee, beer,meat dairy, low acid alkilide diet and taking supplements...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.


Do you have burning sensation and pain during urination?

Frequent urination?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from such thick semen?

Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.


I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Thank you for requesting me.

An asymetry on DRE with an high previous PSA and your symptoms would warrant following (if not yet done);

1) An ultrasound

2) Free PSA

3) Semen culture

4) Prostate massage

5) Culture of prostate fluid after prostate massage.

You may need a course of antibiotics.

Following also are recommended;

a) Uroflometry

b) Video urodynamics

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.