Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I believe I could have threadworms, I have folds of skin…

Customer Question
I believe I could have...
I believe I could have threadworms, I have folds of skin around my scalp from which sometimes I get black fluff. crawling sensation down back at outset my scalp is extremely itchy, I took a photo of myself the other night and what I saw was horrific, like a worm coming out of my nostril I can supply picture if needed also have a video of what look like larvae actually moving in my skin on top lip
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/19/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your doctor can send these worms to lab for the confirmation. One of the possibility of the diagnosis is Morgellons disease. Please read about it in these authentic resources;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4328066/

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Morgellons disease is an emerging skin disease characterized by formation of dermal filaments associated with multisystemic symptoms and tick-borne illness. Morgellons disease samples revealing that dermal filaments in these cases are keratin and collagen in composition and result from proliferation and activation of keratinocytes and fibroblasts in the epidermis. Spirochetes were detected in the dermatological specimens from study patients, providing evidence that Morgellons disease is associated with an infectious process.

Please read the resources;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23326202

https://www.dovepress.com/characterization-and-evolution-of-dermal-filaments-from-patients-with--peer-reviewed-article-CCID

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)