Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I took a diuretic about 10 hours ago. A few hours afterward,

Customer Question
I felt liquid running down...
I took a diuretic about 10 hours ago. A few hours afterward, I felt liquid running down the front/left side of my left leg. It is a clear liquid seeping out. I can't see from my angle but it looks like a very small scratch is leaking. No blood, no pain, same rate. I swabbed with alcohol. I have had cellulitis near the area about 2 years ago. There is no clinic open at this hour. My question: Do I need to see a doctor? If so, can I wait till tomorrow? Nothing else is noticeable. I have pacemaker, artificial aortic valve, arthritis, hip replacements. Currently feeling fine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/17/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Since it is clear liquid, with no pain or any other significant symptoms; there is no emergency. You may consider going to emergency room or an urgent care clinic if following signs or symptoms appear;

1) Persisting liquid ooze.

2) Redness or swelling or pain.

3) Fever.

If you have got povidone iodine (Betadine) solution / cream or Neosporin cream; you may apply it for prevention of infection.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)