Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I cant keep my right arm straight by elbow it doesn't hurt…

Customer Question
I cant keep my right...
I cant keep my right arm straight by elbow it doesn't hurt no dislocations but has swelling and tenderness only time it hurts is when i try to straighten it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Any history of injury?

Do you have swelling and tenderness at elbow?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any investigations so far?

Neck pain,shoulder pain?

Numbness and tingling sensation in arm?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Im a truck driver and was raising landing gear and hurt it got sore tenderness swelling
No shoulder pain no nymbness
No meds
Hello

It’s my first priority to serve you.
Thanks for providing more information.

Well as you describe possibly it's Tennis elbow.

Treatment usually involves decreasing the use of the arm slightly,cool compresses with ice packs and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen(advil) 400-600 mg or naproxen (aleve) alternately with Tylenol.

Use a elbow brace/strap.

Physical therapy can be helpful.

If swelling and tenderness and pain are getting worse over the time then you need to undergo X-ray/MRI and a clinical examination by Orthopedist for further evaluation and management.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly.