Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My wife has stabbing shooting pains in her upper left arm.

Customer Question
I'm trying to convince her...
my wife has stabbing shooting pains in her upper left arm. I'm trying to convince her that it may be heart related, but she says her shoulder & back don't hurt so she don't think so. This started about 6 or 8 hours ago
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
1/16/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

I'm glad you brought her to the ER yesterday and got her right arm diagnosed and treated.

she could have a left arm tendonitis or a pinched nerve in the neck spine which can cause stabbing shooting pains in the left arm.

does your wife have a history of heart disease?

left arm pain is more of a symptom of heart attack in men rather than women.

but women heart attacks can be very hard to predict since they often have atypical symptoms.

did they test her for heart issues with EKG and blood tests yesterday at the ER?

has she had pinched nerves in her spine or neck before?

my anti virus said this site is unsafe. I'm ending the conversation.

this site is safe.

you can contact customer service about this site.

US/Canada 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST