Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Can i get plan here in UAE? we had unprotected sex

Customer Question

Customer: can i get plan B here in UAE?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we had unprotected sex yeterday...i need it urgently
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i need it today is it possible?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: is it available here?
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Yes, it is available in UAE and can be taken in 72 hours of unprotected sex. Your doctor can prescribe it. You can order it online too

https://www.desertcart.ae/products/6634882-afterpill-emergency-contraceptive-pill-1-pack

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Following pills can be used for emergency contraception- Neogynon, Nordiol, Ovral, Microgynon-30, and Nordette. Neogynon, Nordiol, and Ovral you would need to take 2 pills within 120 hours after unprotected sex and then 2 more 12 hours later. For Microgynon-30 and Nordette, you would take 4 plls within 120 hours after unprotected sex and take 4 more pills 12 hours later. You can confirm this at the following website, by choosing your country from the pull down menu.

http://ec.princeton.edu/worldwide/default.asp#country