How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray, MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Anthony Bray, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mattson, I had trauma to my left lower leg over a year ago.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Mattson
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had trauma to my left lower leg over a year ago. Bad bone bruising all over lower leg. A year ago I felt a small pea shaped lump right beneath the skin that is totally moveable and not painful. I still have it and it does not seem to have grown. In reading on the internet it sound like a lipoma?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am willing to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.


If the pea shaped lump that you feel is soft in character then it may well be a lipoma. These are harmless if that is what it is..

If it is more firm in consistency then it may be from scar tissue at the spot of the prior injury...

A bruise severe enough may lead to scar forming under the skin.. that would be common as well...

You may always have the lump checked by your doctor but it sounds from your description to be nothing to really worry about...

I think a quick check the next time you have reason to see your doctor for some other reason would be fine to inquire about that spot...

I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback,Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD