How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35430
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****, I noticed about a couple of months

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is ***** *****, I noticed about a couple of months ago, that I couldn't empty my bladder all the way so I was leaking a tiny bit. I tried to stop my urine flow and I could not. I don't have any burning or anything. But the urine comes out fast and heavy, so I sit there for awhile to empty and I drip:( I am 58 years old.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what else to say. Are there any excercises I could do if it's the bladder muscle?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can't do the 32.00 right now, sorry:(
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.


I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your symptoms are suggestive of prostate enlargement. You may ask your doctor to get an ultrasound which would confirm the diagnosis. Your doctor may also consider uroflometry and video urodynamics to evaluate your symptoms. Medication like Doxazosin, Tamsulosin, Alfuzosin (any of these); would resolve your symptoms. Occasionally surgery may be required for the treatment if medicines are not able to relieve the symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.