How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29245
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has a sore spot on the inside of his upper thigh.

Customer Question

My husband has a sore spot on the inside of his upper thigh. The tenderness started about five days ago. It is sore and hot to the touch. Could this be a blood clot. He just told me about this tonight. Do we need to seek immediate medical advice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is more likely a bacterial infection --hair follicle infection.

Blood clot unlikely as it will cause whole leg swelling.

This needs to be seen by tomorrow at least.

He may try bacitracin ointment meanwhile.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: