How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16310
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have TMJ and I'm experiencing chronic neck & shoulder

Customer Question

Hi Dr
I have TMJ and I'm experiencing chronic neck & shoulder pain. I have had two physiotherapy this week and been taking Celebrex and Robaxin for 2 days now but no relief. I have also been seeing a chiropractor once a month, it helps but I get flairs often. I saw a maxillofacial surgeon 8months ago who made me a bite plate, it helped in the beginning but now it doesn't seem to help anymore.I have also been having migraines lately.
What specialist should I see for all my symptoms? A neurologist? I can't function like a normal person with this pain.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.


Yes, a neurologist is the one to see for nerve problems, and that sounds like what this is. An MRI will determine if something is putting pressure on a nerve and causing your pain. The neurologist would also be the one to see for migraines.

Please hit reply if you have more questions about this.

Best regards,