Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I was diagnosed with Type A flu on Wednesday. Been taking

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with Type A flu on Wednesday. Been taking Tamiflu. Still have a persistent, dry hacking cough, making it impossible to sleep. Do I need to go to the emergency room?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should go to the ER or see a doctor about your cough.

you might need a course of steroid therapy to help decrease inflammation in your lungs.

you might need a sputum culture to check for bacterial infections still in your lungs.

you might need cough medications like tesselon pearls or codeine to help calm down your cough.

you might need a chest CT scan or xray to look for pneumonia in your lungs.

often times a course of steroid therapy and cough medications will help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com