How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 46961
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was diagnosed with Type A flu on Wednesday. Been taking

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with Type A flu on Wednesday. Been taking Tamiflu. Still have a persistent, dry hacking cough, making it impossible to sleep. Do I need to go to the emergency room?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should go to the ER or see a doctor about your cough.

you might need a course of steroid therapy to help decrease inflammation in your lungs.

you might need a sputum culture to check for bacterial infections still in your lungs.

you might need cough medications like tesselon pearls or codeine to help calm down your cough.

you might need a chest CT scan or xray to look for pneumonia in your lungs.

often times a course of steroid therapy and cough medications will help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using