Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a full body rash (arms, back, knees, ears) - just

Customer Question

I have a full body rash (arms, back, knees, ears) - just developed this morning. No itching, just redness. I am allergic to Tetracycline. I have had hives from it twice in the past. I have an Epipen for emergencies. Recently had a dental procedure done and they prescribed Cephalexin 500 mg and Floroxatine HCL 20 mg. I have discontinued both on 12-23-15. I currently have a head cold. Should I go to the emergency room
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes you should go to emergency room. This is not likely to be a reaction to your antibiotic. It can be skin allergy or can be related to your cold. Irrespective of the cause, yes go to ER as you may need a steroid shot and it will help you in earlier recovery. Till you go, you can take OTC tablet Benadryl. Don't worry, nothing is serious and you are going to be alright, I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards