How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray, MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Anthony Bray, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well... I think something is wrong with my liver, i get a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well... I think something is wrong with my liver
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i get a yeast infection type smell from my rectum
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm male and I get a yeast infection type smell leaking from my rectum after I eat carbs. Is this a liver issue?
When i take 1000mg of B3 niacin is goes away. I think the B3 is stoping the liver from processing the carbs. This isn't a kit just masking a problem.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.


You process glucose -- the basic carb in every cell of your body. Nothing you report seems to implicate liver disease at all. The content / color / odor of stool may be influenced by the flora of the intestinal tract . If you seem to have problems of bloating or odor then perhaps you may try taking a probiotic ( many options here ...I like Natrue made and products with both LACTOBACILLUS AND BIFIDUS REGULARIS )

You may have Peri- anal yeast infections as a possibility ...Candida thrive in warm , moist , dark areas so the anal area is ripe conditions for this . Irritation and itching would be typical symptoms.

You may always have your liver checked by your doctor as part of a yearly physical for one example. As I said nothing makes me think or suspect liver disease from your history.

Of you wish to take Niacin then that is fine. It does not stop you from metabolizing carbohydrates. It may benefit to raise the "good " fraction of cholesterol the HDL.

IF you should be diabetic then that may increase risk of yeast / Candida infections but at this point I do not know that you really have this as your true issue at all...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that makes me fell better, but I have constant inflammation in my abdomen....Autoimmune from leaky gut, Candida, diabetes?I take diuretics just to keep the fluid bearable. I the diuretic drains fluid except from my abdominal area.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

If you have a problem with anal incontinence then this may be evaluated and addressed by a gastroenterologist or general surgeon. There are techniques that may help if this problem exists for you.

You might be having some trouble with some loss of mucus as a possibility . Infection or inflammation within the rectum could cause this type problem.

Diuretics are commonly used for a number of reasons. These stimulate the kidneys to eliminate salts and fluids faster from the body.

I don't know exactly what you mean by inflammation of the abdomen. It sounds that you need to consult your doctor to address your concerns. It seems that you need detailed history / physical exam / supportive tests ....these will allow your doctor to better understand your complaints and your general health . This approach is needed to help you to arrive at understanding of what is going on behind these things that you describe and then plan a path forward for effective treatment .

For example you state that you have inflamed abdomen but I don't know just from speaking with you If you mean you may have bloating due to intestinal gas or obesity or constipation or fluid in the abdominal cavity ( called ascites ) or inflammation of the intestines such as in inflammatory bowel disease.....So the descriptions so far could lead in very different directions ....

So I think that perhaps from the number of separate issues you mention as concerns I would recommend to schedule a complete physical as a start...this is a thourough start to understand what may be going on with you. Added tests or referral to a specialist may still be needed depending on the findings

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

Best Regards!

Merry Christmas/ Happy holidays as well!

Anthony Bray MD