Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My boyfriend used just for men dye on his face on Saturday.

Customer Question
Due to the buring on...
My boyfriend used just for men dye on his face on Saturday. Due to the buring on his face he washed it off. Sunday we got together and messed around and he put his finger in my vagina. Monday i have been having a burning sensation and white to red bumps. What do i do? I have been taking oatmeal baths until i see my doc on Friday
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
12/10/2015
Health Professional: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered. replied 2 years ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.

Hello there,

I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced General Physician attending you today.

Do you have any discharge from vagina? burning during urination?

Vaginal itching and burning are commonly due to infection. If infection is suspected, yes your doctor will take a swab and send it for culture and may start you on antibiotics based on the culture report. Till you see the doctor, you can use a vaginal wash like vagisil or similar alternative available over the counter, 5 to 6 times a day. If this is a chemical see related reaction, it might subside due to vaginal as this balances the vaginal PH.

Hope the information helped!

If any more questions, ask me or request to leave a positive rating [click on the 5th star], only then I'm compensated for my answer.

A bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Good day!

Health Professional: Chris C., Nurse replied 2 years ago
Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse

This reaction would be the result of contact with 2 ingredients in the product. The first and the biggest problem is resorcinol which is used to treat acne but when it comes in contact with sensitive areas like the vagina it can cause burns resulting in burning sensation you describe. The other ingredient that can cause burning in this sensitive area is erythorbic acid. Both of these can be quite painful but this pain normally passes without anything more than simple irrigating the area with a douche. The last problem with this particular product is oleyl alcohol which works much like dish soap as a surfactant causing the above 2 substances to spread out into a very thin layer and of course causing the burning to spread rapidly throughout the vaginal area and even outward to the labia. Oatmeal baths or other soothing soaks are good at addressing the problem in addition to the douche. A follow-up should be made with your doctor and a break from sexual activity to allow the area to heal without any abrasions. You should also avoid touching the area even though it will burn and often times become very itchy.

Chris C.
Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse