How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 45973
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 58 year old man in excellent health. two weeks now my

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 58 year old man in excellent health. For about two weeks now my ring finger feels like it is not connected correctly. It feels like the bone is kind of popping in and out of place. It is fairly painful but mostly feels very weird. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

the joints of the ring finger could be dislocated.

you might need a splint on the finger to help immobilize it so it can heal and stay in correct position

a hand xray can help get more information on the finger.

you should see a doctor about your finger, an orthopedic surgeon or hand surgeon.

and get an xray.

and see if a finger splint could help

let me know if you have questions .