Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My BP has spiked over the past week or so. I have been on

Customer Question
My BP has spiked over...
My BP has spiked over the past week or so. I have been on meds for 40 years, most recently Lisinopril 10mg once daily. My readings range from 166 - 188, over 88 - 112. Should I head to the ER? Take more Lisinopril ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have Chronic Kidney Disease
12/7/2015
Health Professional: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

The blood pressure average needs to be improved ...yes to that..it is not emergent... You do not need to head to the ER

I would start by reducing salt/sodium and track 2 to 3 BP and pulse readings a day...

Follow up with your doctor within next few days

Adjustment to your medication is indicated..

Follow up of your renal function blood related tests (BUN..creatinine ) should be done

Increase of your Lisinopril may be an option but I advise that you wait and see your doctor first ( change in dose of Lisinopril could alter your labs and these need to be checked)

You do have need to have meds adjusted but you have time

If persisting systolic over 200 or diastolic over 115 then proceed to ER...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I feel more at ease.

You are very welcome

Let me know if I may be of further help

Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor