How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 46680
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tingling feeling that comes and goes on the surface

Customer Question

i have a tingling feeling that comes and goes on the surface of my upper right belly and also internally. just below my ribs. it started over 1 month ago and has gotten progressively worse. It is particularly noticeable when I am in a sitting position. The feeling increases in frequency and is more intense when I eat. Sometimes it becomes moderately painful with up to 30 minutes of discomfort. I am trying to figure out what is wrong.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr David

this tingling dyscomfort could be due to inflammation of your gall bladder or inflammation of your stomach from too much stomach acid.

eating fatty foods can worsen stomach acid production, stomach inflammation, also can increase gall bladder inflammation.

you need to see a doctor to get a gall bladder ultrasound and see if stomach acid blockers help your symptoms.

let me know if you have questions.