Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am caregiver for a 91 yr old lady. She is showing symptoms

Customer Question

Hi There I am caregiver for a 91 yr old lady. She is showing symptoms of pleurisy. She has had it before so I think she knows what it is. I took her to ER on Thurs 2 AM. Since she also has heart problems they did blood tests, EKG, Xrays etc and did not find any heart trouble but they did not listen to her about the pleurisy (probably because of her age) and sent her home last evening at about 6 PM. At 5 AM this morning she was in a lot of pain. She had some hydrycodone on had so she is now taking them every 6 hrs. What else can we do for her. OH yeah! She is recovering from a fall which resulted in a split knee. That happened 3 months ago but about a month ago the remaining wound got infected and she was put on antibiotics and it is nearly healed now. She is also diabetic controlled through diet. Could the infection she had a month ago have caused the pleurisy?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi--a few questions first please

What are her symptoms that you refer to as pleurisy?

Any swelling of one leg?