How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31668
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 56 year old man. i have had a small area, above my

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** am a 56 year old man. i have had a small area, above my grown area, on the left side, that is a little swollen. There is no pain. But it has been there for a long time. Wat is it??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jerry

It may be an inguinal hernia

It could also be a benign cyst

I suggest you have a doctor take a look.

If it's a hernia depending on the exam in may need surgical repair

A cyst if it's bothersome can easily be surgically removed under local anesthesia

Please let me know if you need any more information