Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

The Dr has said my husband is eaniemic and he has had scans

Customer Question

The Dr has said my husband is eaniemic and he has had scans radiology scans and the pill cam All they can find is a small lymph gland in the small bowl and a small legion.Nothing showed on the scan when he was injected with a radioactive fluid He has no symptoms other than being anaemic no weight loss no pain
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hi.

The possibilities here are bleeding from a peptic ulcer or from the colon and he needs upper and lower endoscopy even if the pill cam didn't detect any abnormalities

Another possibility is iron deficiency and he needs a full anemic blood panel to check for that since he may need iron supplement pills to build his levels up

Let me know if you need any more information please Dawn