How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 32693
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Dr has said my husband is eaniemic and he has had scans

Customer Question

The Dr has said my husband is eaniemic and he has had scans radiology scans and the pill cam All they can find is a small lymph gland in the small bowl and a small legion.Nothing showed on the scan when he was injected with a radioactive fluid He has no symptoms other than being anaemic no weight loss no pain
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.


The possibilities here are bleeding from a peptic ulcer or from the colon and he needs upper and lower endoscopy even if the pill cam didn't detect any abnormalities

Another possibility is iron deficiency and he needs a full anemic blood panel to check for that since he may need iron supplement pills to build his levels up

Let me know if you need any more information please Dawn