Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My father's brain scan report has this impression and I was

Customer Question

Customer: Hi! I am Venky. My father's brain scan report has this impression and I was trying to gain an understanding just for my learning.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: here is the impression: "Diffuse cerebral atrophy with preferential atrophy of mesial temporal anterior temporal and frontal lobes with dilation of ventricular system and sulci seen with ballooning of fronto temporal horns"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Health Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, am not in a hurry
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

What is your father's age?

Diffuse atrophy is the process that we lose brain cells over time mostly due to aging.. it may be accelerated in certain problems however...

The dilation of the b=ventricles may be due to a condition called "NORMAL PRESSURE HYDROCEPHALUS " that condition may be associated wwith confusion trouble walking and incontinence >> relieving the excess pressure of too much cerebrospinal fluid may help with symptoms..

He needs follow up with a neurologist with these combined findings ..

He may have NPH (normal pressure hydrocephalus) and might have other degenerative process going on..

I can help you some with general information but I can not give any specific diagnosis ..

Your father needs a neurologist to review his history and physical findings and review the actual scan ( MRI ?)

I hope that this information is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. i will be happy to get back with you. If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedabck. Thank Youa dn Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Let me know if you have anything further or I may be of further help. i will get back with you right away!