How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 45922
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fell a week ago and t my head. I have a bump on my

Customer Question

I fell a week ago and hit my head. I have a bump on my forehead above my right eye. The bump has decreased but my eye lid is black and blue. It does not hurt or affecting my site. Is this normal or should I see a doctor. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

after any head trauma, you should see a doctor to make sure you are healing properly.

you might need a brain CT scan to check for subdural hematoma bleeds below your skull and next to your brain.

it is common for bruises in the skull to leak blood down around the eyes and turn the area black and blue.

you should use ice packs on the area to decrease pain and swelling.

do see a doctor and ask if you need a head CT Scan after hitting your head.

let me know if you have questions.