How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17827
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump just outside the back passage. I had on before

Customer Question

Hello, I have a lump just outside the back passage. I had on before back in January 2015 and it was a clot. What should I do? Go back to the hospital?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

This is likely to be external hemorrhoid.

Other probable is a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid.

Polyp can also protrude from anus.

I would suggest to get it checked by doctor in hospital.

Early treatment will relieve the discomfort.

You can take sitz bath.

This would need sitting in warm water for 10-15 min.& can be repeated several times.

Antihemorrhoid creams like preparation H can be applied.

You can also take analgesic, antiinflammatory medicine like motrin after food to relieve the pain.

Please take plenty of fresh vegetables , fruits & fluid to keep the stool soft.

OTC stool softener like metamucil can be taken if there is constipation.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.