Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I was in the ER yesterday and I am having the same pain

Customer Question

I was in the ER yesterday and I am having the same pain today. Shaky weak naesated pain in my between my breast bone and burping legs feel like I have know strength in them. I feel so awful cant eat.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

nausea and burning pain in the breast bone and burping is often from excessive stomach acid production

pantoprazole is protonix and is a good stomach acid blocker, but can take some time to work

you can also use zantac 75-150mg to more quickly decrease stomach acid.

also maalox and mylanta can be used to decrease stomach acid.

you also need to avoid spicy foods, alcohol, tomato sauce, oily foods, fried foods, all of which can worsen stomach acid.

you need follow up evaluation by a GI doctor who can perform an upper endoscopy scope procedure to look down into your stomach with a camera

have you tried any of those above over the counter stomach acid blockers?

have you worked on changing your diet?