Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

Going to hospital for a colonoscopy on Monday have been off

Customer Question

Hi doctor going to hospital for a colonoscopy on Monday have been off work 1 year been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and awaiting spinal specialist next year as now have been experiencing numbness in buttocks and legs but my stomach has been swollen tender change in bowels blood ect loss of appetite when I do eat feeling full also had a brain m.r.i awaiting results swollen tummy and pain in side only last few weeks also had meneries this year but not now feel everything seems to be happening all my blood tests normal
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

why is the wait for a spinal specialist that long to wait until next year? 2016?

your numbness in the buttocks and legs and your stomach symptoms could all be due to your spinal stenosis.

you need to see a spinal surgeon sooner than later.

the longer the spinal cord is pressed and squeezed, the higher the chance for permanent nerve damage.

I take it you have had already a spine MRI scan.