How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 31144
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Used compound w on a wart on my penis 3 days ago and it

Customer Question

used compound w on a wart on my penis 3 days ago and it looks horrible. the skin around the area is black and purple. I dont think theres an infection. No heat or swelling in the area. Also no smell. it;'s just scary looking.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.


You've probably sustained a third degree burn of that area from the Compound W acid

The area will probably heal with time but the best thing to do is have a doctor look at it and get a prescription for Silvadene cream to prevent any infection

Let me know if you need any more information please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the advice, but I already knew about the silvadene cream.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Well, just a suggestion. For now you can try calendula cream for moisturization

If no infection ensues it will heal with time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The silvadene cream is already on the Internet. Nothing worth the 22 dollars you just ripped me off for. By the way I never agreed to accept his answer. I want the other 17 dollars back.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

You didn't have to accept my answer and since you didn't you weren't charged anything. You're initial question wasn't about what to do for it, just what might be going on.

If you want your deposit refunded you can talk to customer service at