How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter suffers from very itchy nose and eyes. we have

Customer Question

Good morning jennifer, my daughter suffers from very itchy nose and eyes. we have tried all the current available antihistamines and several nasal sprays but nothing seems to bring relief. this has been ongoing for more than7 years. any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Did you consult allergy specialist?

Which medicines is she taking now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have not seen an allergy specialist, only ENT, Pulmonologist and specialis for GERD. she has been using A. Vogel Pollinosan for 14days with no real effect as well as Budeflam nasal spray.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information,

Budeflam should help.

As it is not helping, I would suggest to make an appointment with an Allergy specialist.

Allergy test can be done to know if there is any specific allergy.

We can be cautious to avoid exposure to such allergens.

Meanwhile you can otc cetirizine tablet to check whether it helps.

I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your reply. we have used cetirizine (Zyrtec) before with no effect.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Then other prescription medicine like Montelukast can be tried if it is not used earlier or Allergy specialist agrees after assessment.