Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have been having severe upper abdominal pain sometimes but

Customer Question

Good Day I have been having severe upper abdominal pain sometimes but it is in one specifi spot been going on for months now some days better than others do you think this is an ulcer i have never had a n ulcer before i don't vomit or feel nauseous and i go to the bathroom regular Dont smoke Alcohol yes alot of beer (i used to drink 6 beers everyday ) diet poor stress level maximum would an ulcer certainly lead to cancer or do i sound like i have cancer i also experience mild chest pains from time to time
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

drinking alcohol everyday can lead to inflammation of your stomach and gastritis pain in your stomach which can feel like an ulcer.

an ulcer would not certainly lead to cancer.

but you have to quit drinking like this and having a poor diet for your stomach to get better.

I bet you are having acid reflux from your stomach up into your esophagus which can cause chest pains.

there are medications which can decrease your stomach acid like zantac or prilosec

but the best thing to do is for you to cut down and stop drinking beer and alcohol and to eat healthier.

or else you will develop cancer one day.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What would be the difference in pain when it comes to an ulcer vs gastritis like i literally feel like my chest is squeezing me im kinda scared as i just started my life back into perspective but the ill treatment i gave it for years has given me the worse of the worse

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

if you have excessive anxiety symptoms or panic attack type symptoms, severe anxiety can also cause you to have chest pain and squeezing and shortness of breath symptoms

we don't use the type of pain you have to tell use if you have an ulcer or gastritis

it can be impossible to tell like that

the best way is to see a doctor and get an upper endoscopy scope procedure to look down into your stomach directly to look for stomach ulcer.

there are large hospitals in the dominican republic.

Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (HOMS) is the largest hospital in the Dominican Republic and you could see a doctor there and get an upper endoscopy scope to look into your stomach to check for stomach ulcers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can Stomach Ulcers be healed or something i will have for life i am kinda of bugging cause a friend of mine died of stomach cancer so kind of in my head

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, stomach ulcers can be healed by avoiding alcohol and spicy foods and using stomach acid blockers like nexium or protonix to decrease stomach acid

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com