How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 34727
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering if you could give me some information. I

Customer Question

Hi i was wondering if you could give me some information. I have a concern down below and i am really nervous about asking anyone. It feels like a lump but i can only locate when my penis is in an erect state. If you can shed some light on this i would be most grateful. Do i go to a doctor or walk in centre and would they approach this problem if i need to be erect when being examined? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

Is the lump you describe painful?

Any history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?

What is the exact location of this lump?

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.


I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Doctor can give you an injection to examine you it in erect posture. Your GP or a urologist would be able to diagnose the issue. The lump palpable in erect penis is likely to be peyronnie disease.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it isnt painful it just feels odd and ive never noticed it before. Ive been with the same partner for just over 8 years now and havent engaged in any sexual intercourse with anyone else for that duration. Its on the underside of my penis near the bottom. Ive tried searching when flaccid but i cant find anything it is only when it is in an erect state. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Following are the various treatment modalities proposed for the Peyronie's disease;

Nonsurgical therapy for Peyronie's disease

Oral therapy

1) Vitamin E

2) Colchicine

3) Potassium aminobenzoate

4) Tamoxifen citrate

5) Carnitine

6) L-arginine

7) Pentoxifylline

Intralesional therapies

1) Steroids

2) Collagenase

3) Verapamil

4) Interferons

External energy therapies ; these are considered as latest techniques for the management.

1) Penile electroshock wave therapy

2) Iontophoresis

3) Combination therapy

a) Vitamin E and colchicine

b) Electroshock wave therapy with intralesional verapamil injection

c) Intralesional verapamil with oral carnitine or tamoxifen

d) Penile traction devices

Surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease; these are new techniques.

1) Tunica albuginea plication

2) Peyronie's plaque incision/partial excision and human pericardial tissue grafting

3) Straightening with penile prosthesis

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, would i go to a walk in centre or doctor to have this concern looked at?
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

You should seek an appointment with a urologist. Going to a walk in clinic may not be fruitful as you may be referred back to a urologist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

Please do not forget to rate the interaction.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

This does not look like STD. So I am not worried about it.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.